Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 124
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 11:17:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:
FDE version at https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/5765 ?
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 11:19:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#2]
Originally Posted By ak47Dennis:
Just noticed they did away with BUIS since everyone complained about them Beretta's in know win situation, now just as many will complain about it not shipping with sights....also it appears they added the pic rail.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
FDE version at https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/5765 ?
Just noticed they did away with BUIS since everyone complained about them Beretta's in know win situation, now just as many will complain about it not shipping with sights....also it appears they added the pic rail.  

That's just a re-post of the first picture of the FDE version that was released by Beretta quite a while ago, I have no idea if it actually represents the final shipping configuration of the FDE ARX-100.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 12:09:14 AM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

So now does it come standard with the picatinny rail adapter already installed?
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 12:51:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By RarestRX:

View All Quotes

I don't know... I would like it to come with both the smooth rail cover and the pic rail adapter.

I actually prefer the smooth rail cover though.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 6:49:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#5]
ARX-philes should band together & solicit Beretta to put out a semi ARX-200.

For your enticement:

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 8:18:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ARShooter91:
Ok so I installed the factory trigger and fired 150 rounds flawless through it.

Shooting Sight
I inspected the rear of the bolt and it appears your trigger was barely catching the side of the slot. I can see the bottom left edge is rounded off compared to the other side. I measured the width of both triggers and got .127. Yours has pretty square corners on the face of the hammer where as the beretta has a chamfer on the edges.

I believe it may be from what you stated above about the bolt. The most consistent time I had light strikes was with a full mags, which would be putting more tension on the bolt hindering it to line up perfectly with the hammer maybe?
View Quote

Since I posted, I had another person complain of light strikes, and they also saw the very edge of the hammer getting chewed up.  You are correct, Beretta has chamfered those edges, and I am going to modify the design to do that as well.  If you want to send it back to me, I'll modify it for you.

I had chamfered the lower left and upper right edges, as I was focusing on the bolt's ability to rotate out of battery, where it might have to cam the hammer back.  Not sure if the issue is tolerence stack up, though then I'd expect light strikes most or all the time, rather than occasionally; or if it is inconsistency in the rotation of the bolt.  I'll go back and look at the Beretta lowers I own.  I bought a half dozen of them to do the development, and recall seeing that one had a bright finish on the hammer face, as if it had been ground after it was parkerized, so perhaps Beretta has been managing an issue here, and that is why the added the chamfer in the first place.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:37:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 12:20:20 PM EDT
[#8]

I can't lie, it's growing on me for sure.
View All Quotes

Me too. If they came out with it I'd be a buyer.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 3:09:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LOS] [#9]
Originally Posted By OLI62:

View All Quotes

Advertised MOA..?
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 7:07:47 PM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes

Don't know why Beretta doesn't just put quality BUIS on the thing and call it a day instead of the POS sights they have now. Not like factory BUIS can't be good; the Colt Defense ones on my 901 are great. If Beretta put something similar on the ARX out of the box it'd be gold.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 8:55:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ShootingSight:

Since I posted, I had another person complain of light strikes, and they also saw the very edge of the hammer getting chewed up.  You are correct, Beretta has chamfered those edges, and I am going to modify the design to do that as well.  If you want to send it back to me, I'll modify it for you.

I had chamfered the lower left and upper right edges, as I was focusing on the bolt's ability to rotate out of battery, where it might have to cam the hammer back.  Not sure if the issue is tolerence stack up, though then I'd expect light strikes most or all the time, rather than occasionally; or if it is inconsistency in the rotation of the bolt.  I'll go back and look at the Beretta lowers I own.  I bought a half dozen of them to do the development, and recall seeing that one had a bright finish on the hammer face, as if it had been ground after it was parkerized, so perhaps Beretta has been managing an issue here, and that is why the added the chamfer in the first place.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ShootingSight:
Ok so I installed the factory trigger and fired 150 rounds flawless through it.

Shooting Sight
I inspected the rear of the bolt and it appears your trigger was barely catching the side of the slot. I can see the bottom left edge is rounded off compared to the other side. I measured the width of both triggers and got .127. Yours has pretty square corners on the face of the hammer where as the beretta has a chamfer on the edges.

I believe it may be from what you stated above about the bolt. The most consistent time I had light strikes was with a full mags, which would be putting more tension on the bolt hindering it to line up perfectly with the hammer maybe?

Ok I will contact you via email from your site.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 8:56:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Frost7:

Don't know why Beretta doesn't just put quality BUIS on the thing and call it a day instead of the POS sights they have now. Not like factory BUIS can't be good; the Colt Defense ones on my 901 are great. If Beretta put something similar on the ARX out of the box it'd be gold.
View All Quotes

Yes not only does it need some better irons but some that also sit lower. The ARX doesn't need a cheek riser, it needs optics mounted lower.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:13:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Yes not only does it need some better irons but some that also sit lower. The ARX doesn't need a cheek riser, it needs optics mounted lower.
View All Quotes

Do the lower iron sights and scope mounts made for POF piston ARs work on the ARX?  

I seem to remember this being covered, but it's been so long,  I can't remember.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 6:10:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By LOS:

Advertised MOA..?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LOS:

Advertised MOA..?

1.5” moa.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 7:55:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Bullet_:

Do the lower iron sights and scope mounts made for POF piston ARs work on the ARX?  

I seem to remember this being covered, but it's been so long,  I can't remember.
View All Quotes

I've been trying to talk somebody into trying MP7 sights, but nobody will do it! Maybe it's the price tag. https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-MP7A1-Flip-Front-Rear-Sight-Set-Complete-356p24.htm
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 10:41:44 AM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

What works really well are the CZ low sights, like the ones on the EVO. I have the low mount with my MRO and when mounted on the ARX it was perfect along with the CZ sights. That's the direction I'm going.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 2:08:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone try these?

Link Posted: 8/12/2016 2:15:25 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

I've got the Troy micro as BUIS on mine and they are near perfect. Why put higher sights than you need on anything?

AJ
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 2:35:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By AubrayJ:
I've got the Troy micro as BUIS on mine and they are near perfect. Why put higher sights than you need on anything?

AJ

View All Quotes

AJ

Same here, the Troy micro height sights work great on my ARX. Diamondhead makes sights in the same height as well.

If you're using an Aimpoint micro sight or any of the various red dots that use the same mounts, ADM makes a version of their red dot mount that produces a near perfect co witness with micro height sights.

Link Posted: 8/12/2016 4:51:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By runner6m:

That's good to know, I was planning on eventually doing Troy Micros.
Same here, the Troy micro height sights work great on my ARX. Diamondhead makes sights in the same height as well.
If you're using an Aimpoint micro sight or any of the various red dots that use the same mounts, ADM makes a version of their red dot mount that produces a near perfect co witness with micro height sights.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By runner6m:

AJ

That's good to know, I was planning on eventually doing Troy Micros.

Link Posted: 8/12/2016 4:54:53 PM EDT
[#21]

AJ
View All Quotes

AJ

Because its a military weapon designed for guys that must be able to shoot with body armor, helmet, gas mask, etc.
We just got a perfect clone of what its issued on the field but most of the time things for .mil wont fit the needs of civilian shooters

Link Posted: 8/14/2016 11:58:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Findsman] [#22]

I don't know... I would like it to come with both the smooth rail cover and the pic rail adapter.

View All Quotes

As soon as mine arrives, I'll let you all know what it includes.  ETA - not from Bud's though.  Always had good service but tired of the 3% CC BS.  Welcome to 2016.

I am a sucker for brown guns.  Now the question, get rid of the black ARX or hang on to it because of the grim dark of the future?  Hmm.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 12:22:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#23]
Originally Posted By Findsman:

As soon as mine arrives, I'll let you all know what it includes.  ETA - not from Bud's though.  Always had good service but tired of the 3% CC BS.  Welcome to 2016.

I am a sucker for brown guns.  Now the question, get rid of the black ARX or hang on to it because of the grim dark of the future?  Hmm.
View All Quotes

Where else did you find it?

Oh, and two is one and one is none.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 9:03:31 AM EDT
[#24]

Anyone ordered the CQB from ******** have it shipped yet?
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 10:00:06 AM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes
<snip>

I had in-stock notifications setup across a bunch of the drop-ship FFL dealers.  TSSOutfitters and CenterfireGuns.com were both cheaper than Bud's and without the credit card nonsense.  CenterfireGuns was more expensive by like $10 but I already had my FFL's info with them from buying my ACR through them earlier this year, so convenience won out.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 3:41:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gas-Operated] [#26]

View All Quotes

My black version did not include the rail adapter, only the cover.
It is still marked "Accokeek, Maryland"
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 3:31:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Does the ARX have a gas setting for suppressed?
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 4:15:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By flyer:
View Quote

Nope.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 4:43:03 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

If i'm not mistaken Beretta makes a barrel for suppessed use but its available to mil/leo only
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 5:01:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Frens:

If i'm not mistaken Beretta makes a barrel for suppessed use but its available to mil/leo only
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 5:37:31 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

I don't have the 5.56 mount yet for my Surge, so I haven't been able to try it on the 16" & 10.5" bbls.  Anyone run theirs suppressed?
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 9:16:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frost7] [#32]
Originally Posted By Gas-Operated:
View Quote

I just got a brand new Pico and it's stamped with Accokeek as well. Guns must not be rolling out of the Tennessee facility yet, or if they are they're not very widespread.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 1:32:03 AM EDT
[#33]

I just got a brand new Pico and it's stamped with Accokeek as well. Guns must not be rolling out of the Tennessee facility yet, or if they are they're not very widespread.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gas-Operated:

Guy at my local store said they're still spoiling up production on a lot of the newer products. That local store is the Beretta Gallery so they probably know what's up.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 5:47:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Picked up my Botach ARX from the dealer today.  Very happy.  It was even a LE rifle with 2 mags.  I was surprised as Botach was cheaper than the price I was quoted for the ARX from a LE dealer for the LE price.  Box was marked with 300BLK as an option, along with the 5.56.  I hope they release a 300BLK barrel.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 10:07:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Picked up my Botach ARX from the dealer today.  Very happy.  It was even a LE rifle with 2 mags.  I was surprised as Botach was cheaper than the price I was quoted for the ARX from a LE dealer for the LE price.  Box was marked with 300BLK as an option, along with the 5.56.  I hope they release a 300BLK barrel.
View Quote

Beretta's pace is glacial, if purposeful.

I'm happy 10.5” bbls are available.  The SCAR doesn't even have that option at this point in its lifespan.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 10:20:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

I'm happy 10.5” bbls are available.  The SCAR doesn't even have that option at this point in its lifespan.  Go figure.
View All Quotes

10 inch barrels have been available for a long time for the Scar. They just cost you a fortune.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 1:07:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#37]

10 inch barrels have been available for a long time for the Scar. They just cost you a fortune.
View All Quotes

Didn't know that.

Wait, wut?  $1000 for a 10" bbl?!
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 1:10:59 PM EDT
[#38]

Didn't know that.

View All Quotes

Didn't know that.

$1200 if you want the 13" Scar 17 barrel. I opted to just have my factory 16" chopped to 13". Saved me $1100 lol.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 8:18:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Johnson184:

$1200 if you want the 13" Scar 17 barrel. I opted to just have my factory 16" chopped to 13". Saved me $1100 lol.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Johnson184:

Didn't know that.

Drilled the gas port, I assume?  Also, How does a .308 SBR even handle to shoot?  Seems like it'd be a recoil monster.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 8:59:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frost7] [#40]
Drilled the gas port, I assume?  Also, How does a .308 SBR even handle to shoot?  Seems like it'd be a recoil monster.
View Quote

One of my friends has an SBRed Sig 716 (also .308). The recoil's really not bad at all, especially with a muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 4:10:02 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Scar uses gas control screws. No drilling required.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 4:32:57 PM EDT
[#42]
And recoil on my SBR Scar 17 is similar to a factory Scar 17. It may have a little more recoil but it's due to the factory Scar coming with a PWS muzzle brake and I'm using a Surefire Warcomp flash hider.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:00:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Findsman] [#43]
Picked up my FDE ARX100 today.  Yep, still an ARX.  Haven't had a great deal of time to break it down to see if there are any internal changes, but it superficially appears the same as my original black ARX100, so pretty likely Beretta didn't sneak anything new in.  They did a shoddy job on the rail pin, but that was a quick fix with a punch and a hammer.

WHAT'S IN THE BOX?!

+ One Beretta ARX100 "FDE" (still marked with Accokeek on the receiver)
+ One Beretta steel mag, in more of a black finish than the gray-ish ones the black ARX came with
+ One sling
+ One soft case
+ Pre-installed bottom rail in matching "FDE" color
- no BUIS; somewhat annoyed as I found the factory ones "acceptable" as back up sights, but I guess it isn't a huge deal
- no bottom rail cover; fair trade maybe?  I'm not sure where the rail cover for the black ARX is anyway

I say "FDE" as it is much, much more of a coyote brown than FDE.  I love the hue.  Took a side-by-side with my coyote ACR to show the similarity.  

Anyway, enough of the "bullshit talk" as Rob Ski says, on to some quick pics!

That's a Magpul RVG in FDE, much lighter in color than the Beretta.  But you can see how close the ARX and ACR are.

Two Beretta unicorns!
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:11:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Picked up my FDE ARX100 today.  Yep, still an ARX.  Haven't had a great deal of time to break it down to see if there are any internal changes, but it superficially appears the same as my original black ARX100, so pretty likely Beretta didn't sneak anything new in.  They did a shoddy job on the rail pin, but that was a quick fix with a punch and a hammer.

WHAT'S IN THE BOX?!

+ One Beretta steel mag, in more of a black finish than the gray-ish ones the black ARX came with
+ One sling
+ One soft case
- no BUIS; somewhat annoyed as I found the factory ones "acceptable" as back up sights, but I guess it isn't a huge deal
- no bottom rail cover; fair trade maybe?  I'm not sure where the rail cover for the black ARX is anyway

I say "FDE" as it is much, much more of a coyote brown than FDE.  I love the hue.  Took a side-by-side with my coyote ACR to show the similarity.  

http://www.zendt.net/arfcom/arx100_acr.png
That's a Magpul RVG in FDE, much lighter in color than the Beretta.  But you can see how close the ARX and ACR are.

http://www.zendt.net/arfcom/arx100_m9a3.png
Two Beretta unicorns!
View Quote

Nice! What did you pay?
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:53:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#45]
Finally some pics.

A little disappointed that it doesn't come with the smooth lower rail cover though... I wonder if it will be available separately on the Beretta site.

Also, I wish that the top and side rails were anodized FDE instead of coated in Cerakote. It wouldn't bother me that the FDE anodized rails wouldn't match everything else on the rifle.

All first world problems though I guess...
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:21:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By jh1990:
Nice! What did you pay?
View Quote

Around $1300 at Centerfire Guns.  Botach is listing them now for their $1170 price as well.  Eh, if I average the two of them, I still got a good deal.

Last I looked, Buds was up to $1750.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:35:13 PM EDT
[#47]
People bitched about the sights, now we get no sights...
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:21:20 PM EDT
[#48]

WHAT'S IN THE BOX?!

+ One sling
+ One soft case

http://www.zendt.net/arfcom/arx100_acr.png

http://www.zendt.net/arfcom/arx100_m9a3.png
Two Beretta unicorns!
View Quote

I'm really liking the look of that FDE version, I think this post may have solidified my next purchase.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:40:15 PM EDT
[#49]
I watched the MAC video on the ARX and he talked about how the rear of the rail would come loose. Supposedly Beretta put another bolt through the rear of the rail to fix the problem. Have guns started coming out of the factory with that rear bolt? Do the FDE models have the new rear bolt?
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:22:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bullet_] [#50]
Originally Posted By unbrakablex:
I watched the MAC video on the ARX and he talked about how the rear of the rail would come loose. Supposedly Beretta put another bolt through the rear of the rail to fix the problem. Have guns started coming out of the factory with that rear bolt? Do the FDE models have the new rear bolt?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By unbrakablex:

Yes that's what poster Findsman above, is talking about when he said:

..........They did a shoddy job on the rail pin, but that was a quick fix with a punch and a hammer.............

You can see the pin still sticking out in the pictures.
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top