Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ARShooter91:

Barrel and BCG is my guess
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Frost7:
I'm wondering where all that weight is coming from given how much polymer they're using. Colt's revised version of the 901 only comes in at 8.

Barrel and BCG is my guess

For comparison, wiki SCAR specs:

3.04 kg (6.7 lb) (SCAR-L Short)
3.29 kg (7.3 lb) (SCAR-L Standard)
3.49 kg (7.7 lb) (SCAR-L FT)
3.49 kg (7.7 lb) (SCAR-H Short)
3.58 kg (7.9 lb) (SCAR-H Standard) <-
3.72 kg (8.2 lb) (SCAR-H FT)
2.5 kg (5.5 lb) (SCAR PDW)
4.85 kg (10.7 lb) (Mk 20 SSR)

BC & bbl are probably the main factors (SCAR H has a pencil profile, while the ARX looks to be like a medium profile).

Photo goodness.

Me wantz.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Tried to backorder one at Botach but ended up getting charged immediately. Guess they're shipping now?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 1:39:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:31:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Johnson184:
Tried to backorder one at Botach but ended up getting charged immediately. Guess they're shipping now?
View Quote

Never mind... They replied o my email. It's a pending charge that will be reversed in 3 days.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:45:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I've never followed these much but I've had the urge to get one. Cabelas actually has good pricing on these and I have a coupon for 5% off a gun this week.

Should I FO? I was considering a Bren or something too.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 12:16:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By TheNuge:
I've never followed these much but I've had the urge to get one. Cabelas actually has good pricing on these and I have a coupon for 5% off a gun this week.

View Quote

What is their price?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 12:29:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By jh1990:

What is their price?
View All Quotes

What is their price?

^^THIS^^
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 2:55:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Frost7] [#8]

View Quote

I fingered one at Gander Mtn last week, clerk was nice enough to just let me go to it as long as I didn't get any bodily fluids on it. ()

I've gotta say, after getting up close and personal with the ARX-100... I no longer care about an M4 as my 5.56 carbine, I want an ARX. It is a SWEET little gun. I played with the Rx4 Storm back in the day and I was like, "What is this shit?" and I passed on getting a Beretta rifle. The ARX-100 is another story.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 4:38:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#9]
Found a detailed article on the 7.62x39 conversion.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 5:21:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:
Found a detailed article on the 7.62x39 conversion.
View Quote

That takes me to a homepage, not an article, FYI.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 8:42:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#11]
Originally Posted By Frost7:

That takes me to a homepage, not an article, FYI.
View Quote

Fixed.  Try it now.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:19:17 AM EDT
[#12]

What is their price?
View All Quotes

What is their price?

1500 plus the 5% so 1425. I know it's not the best price but I know they actually have one because I physically saw it yesterday. Unlike some places : )
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:57:30 AM EDT
[#13]

1500 plus the 5% so 1425. I know it's not the best price but I know they actually have one because I physically saw it yesterday. Unlike some places : )
View All Quotes

What is their price?

Sample gunbroker.com for the current market price, but that doesn't seem too far fetched.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:47:19 AM EDT
[#14]
MAC is going to do another ARX video according to what he says in this video. > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIBMZ6HSJSY
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 12:18:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Sample gunbroker.com for the current market price, but that doesn't seem too far fetched.
View All Quotes

What is their price?

Most are like 1700 or something on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 1:59:05 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

What is their price?

Looks like they are rising in value.  Got mine for ~$1200 + change last yr. That sub-$1500 looks like a good deal in that context.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 2:02:00 PM EDT
[#17]
I got mine a few weeks back online at Kyles Gunshop for $1350.  Waiting for more feedback on that 2-stage trigger that was mentioned a few pages back.  I got my Form1 filed a week before the deadline ;-)
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 2:10:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By operator81:
I got mine a few weeks back online at Kyles Gunshop for $1350.  Waiting for more feedback on that 2-stage trigger that was mentioned a few pages back.  I got my Form1 filed a week before the deadline ;-)
View Quote

ARX was made to be a SBR.

Now you need a can.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 2:18:28 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

I have 3-400 rounds through my ARX with the SS trigger and I think it has functioned 100%. I say think because sometimes my ARX acts up with USGI style mags(you can read what I wrote a page or 2 ago).

100% with Pmags though.

Its not as good a trigger as my Larue MBT or a Geissele 2 stage but it is better than factory and most other milspec style triggers.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:52:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Now you need a can.
View All Quotes

Now you need a can.

Agreed, and I have cans o'plenty ;-).  The hard part will be deciding which can gets to ride.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:13:09 PM EDT
[#21]
What is the best source to purchase an ARX currently?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:05:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Botach. Paid $1170 shipped and should be arriving next week!
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 3:02:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:58:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Johnson184:
Botach. Paid $1170 shipped and should be arriving next week!
View Quote

How long from the time you ordered, until it shipped?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:11:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Let's see... order placed on the 21st. Rifle shipped on the 28th. So exactly 1 week from order to shipping.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:32:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frost7] [#26]
Damn, that is really good for Botach. Maybe they're worth checking out again.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 10:59:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 11:09:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Does anyone have a coupon code for the shooting sight trigger
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 12:49:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By TATBME:
Does anyone have a coupon code for the shooting sight trigger
View Quote

I wish! I had to pay the full price.

I don't know of any coupon codes. This doesn't mean that there isn't one, it just means that I don't know about it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Another option if/when Botach runs out of stock: http://kylesgunshop.com/product.beretta-usa-arx100-rifle-sa-556-nato-16-301-4pos-collapsible-stk-blk-12#.
View Quote

Another is Buds for the same price.
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/36_177/products_id/90335
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 5:39:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Today I decided to take the risk and push the button: ordered from Botach.
We'll see how long it takes to arrive.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#32]
The shooting sight trigger is causing light strikes in my ARX. Wolf Gold works 99%+ of the time but I had some Igman ammo that I know has hard primers and I got at least 5 light strikes in every 30rd mag.

Is there a heavier hammer spring available?

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 10:20:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Now that I got a Bren I want to get an ARX.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 12:05:47 AM EDT
[#34]
The shooting sight trigger is causing light strikes in my ARX. Wolf Gold works 99%+ of the time but I had some Igman ammo that I know has hard primers and I got at least 5 light strikes in every 30rd mag.

View Quote

Well shit I didn't want to hear that, have you contacted shooting sight?
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 9:10:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AubrayJ] [#35]
ARShooter91, check your firing pin for  free movement in the bolt. Mine was getting stuck and causing failure to fire.

AJ
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 4:34:32 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

No I have not. Just discovered it yesterday.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 4:51:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By AubrayJ:
ARShooter91, check your firing pin for  free movement in the bolt. Mine was getting stuck and causing failure to fire.

AJ
View Quote

Yes it is free to move with and without the spring.

I am going to try cutting some coils off of the firing pin spring. They are $3 from brownells and in stock so if I have to I can just throw a new one back in.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 7:24:14 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

You might want to start a thread about this over at the Beretta Forum... Art might see it over there.

I have not had time to install my Shooting Sight trigger yet and I probably wouldn't if this is likely to be an issue. I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue yet though.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 12:50:36 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

I recall one other person had an issue, but it turned out to be that their bolt was not fully rotating into battery.  THe ARX has the firing pin recessed in a slot on the beck of the carrier, so if the bolt is not rotated into the locked position fully, the slot won't line up with the hammer face, and you prevent an out of battery detonation.  The hammer springs are the OEM hammer springs, so the hammer has the same energy in it at impact as the original.  My first gut feeling is that it is not the hammer springs, but that the hammer is somehow dragging or hitting an edge somewhere - like the slot, or somewhere else.

As a first step, I'd recommend getting a blue sharpie and coloring in the hammer - face, sides, everything.  Machinists blue is better if you have it, but sharpie ought to work.  THen fire it a bunch of times.  If you get light strikes, you can examine the hammer with a magnifier, and you will see the blue worn off where there is contact with another surface.  You might also color the back of the bolt, around the slot.  If for some reason the hammer is off center, so it is hitting the edge of the slot, you'd see that.

At the end of the day, we will resolve this, or refund.

Art
ShootingSight
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 11:58:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Ok so I installed the factory trigger and fired 150 rounds flawless through it.

Shooting Sight
I inspected the rear of the bolt and it appears your trigger was barely catching the side of the slot. I can see the bottom left edge is rounded off compared to the other side. I measured the width of both triggers and got .127. Yours has pretty square corners on the face of the hammer where as the beretta has a chamfer on the edges.

I believe it may be from what you stated above about the bolt. The most consistent time I had light strikes was with a full mags, which would be putting more tension on the bolt hindering it to line up perfectly with the hammer maybe?
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 7:54:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Ordered last week from Botach, hope to see a shipping notice this week.  Customer service said they were in stock.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 12:17:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Now that I got a Bren I want to get an ARX.
View Quote

Pics or it didn't happen!
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 9:28:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Update: placed order on the 2nd,  rifle shipped on the 3rd, arrived today.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 12:29:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Gas-Operated:
View Quote

Saweet
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 4:47:57 AM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

I placed my order on 8/02 as well, did you ever get a shipping notice?  I spoke to CS after I ordered to make sure they had the FFL and she said it was sent to the group for shipping.  Botach website still says awaiting payment, but my card was charged and the payment has already cleared.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 7:09:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By flyer:

I placed my order on 8/02 as well, did you ever get a shipping notice?  I spoke to CS after I ordered to make sure they had the FFL and she said it was sent to the group for shipping.  Botach website still says awaiting payment, but my card was charged and the payment has already cleared.
View All Quotes

I recieved an email request for the FFL on the 3rd, and after emailing a copy I had a shipping notice within an hour.
I never used the phone, I did everything through their online storefront and email.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 4:23:57 PM EDT
[#47]

I recieved an email request for the FFL on the 3rd, and after emailing a copy I had a shipping notice within an hour.
I never used the phone, I did everything through their online storefront and email.
View All Quotes

I did exactly the same thing, e-mailed FFL on the 08/03.  Called later in the day on 08/03 and was told they had the FFL and it was in the shipping department.  Called today and was told the same thing and it would be shipping in 5 to 10 days from 08/03.  I guess I will have to wait another 5 days and see.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 10:34:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 10:44:33 PM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By 556Cliff:

FDE version at https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/5765 ?
View Quote
Holy shit, I've been wanting the FDE since I saw my first ARX160 few years ago
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 10:59:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ak47Dennis] [#50]

Originally Posted By 556Cliff:

FDE version at https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/5765 ?
View Quote
Just noticed they did away with BUIS since everyone complained about them Beretta's in know win situation, now just as many will complain about it not shipping with sights....also it appears they added the pic rail.

Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top