Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2011 9:16:34 AM EDT
A neighbor of mine has a 4 digit serial number 1941 Johnson Rifle and was asking me what I thought it might be worth. I guess I'm the gun guy that he knows. Maybe so, but all I know about Johnson Rifles can be written in a matchbook with a Sharpie.

Does anyone know what ballpark these are going for now?
Link Posted: 12/11/2011 12:00:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I did some quick checking, and I am not an expert, but on Thehighroad.com  website, the price of mentioned as starting at around $3,500.00, without the bayonet..
Link Posted: 12/11/2011 12:41:23 PM EDT
[#2]

An example...

Also note ––– A bit of history...

Melvin and Eugene Stoner got to be bud's back in the olden days.

The bolt and breech locking design that Stoner used was invented and patented by Melvin back in the late 1920's –––– early 1930's...

Here is a Johnson Light Machine Gun ––––––––––––––––––- Does that stock and receiver extension seem familiar...?

Link Posted: 12/11/2011 3:23:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I have not seen a decent one sell for less than $4500 in a long time.
Link Posted: 12/11/2011 8:28:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Price will depend on condition and originality. A correct nice example $4500.

Many were semi-sporterized by retailers back in the 50-60's by adding a rubber butt pad and cutting off sight ears & Bayo mount. These will bring much less than $4500.
Link Posted: 12/11/2011 9:12:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Price will depend on condition and originality. A correct nice example $4500.

Many were semi-sporterized by retailers back in the 50-60's by adding a rubber butt pad and cutting off sight ears & Bayo mount. These will bring much less than $4500.

Yup, many were drilled for scopes as well. My father searched for years for a good one, turning down many after thorough investigations. He finally got a good one.... when a good friend and fellow collector died a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 12/12/2011 4:21:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Since only about 10,000 of these rifles were ever made, a 4 digit serial number is the norm.  Around here, mos are in the $4,000 to $5,500 price range.  Exceptional models can go a lot higher.  My father-in-law was involved in testing these when he was in he Marines prior to WWII.  He absolutely loved it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2011 4:24:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top