Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2011 3:07:01 PM EDT
I've got a 7.7 japanese arisaka, and as the title states, the bolt is stuck closed.  No round in the chamber (i've never had any ammo for it).  A friend was cycling the action, checking out the rifle, and suddenly the bolt wouldn't move.  Any ideas what might be wrong, how to release it?  Any help would be great.
Link Posted: 7/25/2011 3:30:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried the safety. If it is on the bolt will not open.
Link Posted: 7/25/2011 5:31:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, safety is off, still stuck.
Link Posted: 7/25/2011 6:00:10 PM EDT
[#3]
At least of the Type 38 Carbine there's a screw just behind the trigger guard that may interfere with the bolt/safety, loosen it.

If not you may have to remove the action from the stock and then remove the trigger.
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 3:53:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

At least of the Type 38 Carbine there's a screw just behind the trigger guard that may interfere with the bolt/safety, loosen it.

If not you may have to remove the action from the stock and then remove the trigger.

This.

My 38 did this once when I was transitioning the safety or something.

I played some serious HELL trying to get it undone.

It's one of the oldest guns I own and one that I have owned for DECADES....never had a problem with it and then one day..."BOIK" it was stuck.

Has not happened since, either.

I do not exactly recall HOW I got it unstuck but I do believe I loosened or removed the action screws and, with the action out of the stock, I jiggled stuff around, held the trigger down, etc and all of the sudden..."un...BOIK" and it was ok again.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top