Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2011 2:45:39 PM EDT
I've never heard anybody talk about them.  How's it work?
Link Posted: 2/15/2011 10:40:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I had 2 of them. 1 would run FA in a mini 14, just pull the trigger.
Absolutely no mods to it. It ran like a sewing machine.
I sold them both. I also used the BDM skinny mags but the Ceiners ran better.
Link Posted: 2/15/2011 11:59:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I dealer near me bought a Ciener Mini 14 kit for a customer from Brownell's and installed it in the customers Mini 14.  The dealer could not make the conversion kit work.  The magazine lips were so soft you could bend them with your fingers and the lips would bend while trying to insert the mag into the mag well.  The kit it self just seemed to off such poor quality we didn't think we could ever get it to work even with a good mag.   The dealer and I both have owned Cierner kits for AR 15 which were made to higher quality than the one Mini 14 kit.  Fortunately Brownell's took the kit back and shortly after this Brownell's quit being a dealer for Ciener.  It seems to be a crap shoot with Ciener, you may get a good one and you may not.  Ciener is noted for have very poor customer service.
Link Posted: 2/15/2011 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Kinda funny. I had a Ceiner kit for the AR and I had numerous problems with it. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough, even with BDM mags, CRAP.
On the other hand the Mini kit ran like a champ.
Link Posted: 2/15/2011 1:39:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/15/2011 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I ran one in my AC556F for years, never skipped a beat.

YMMV

Dad has one for his AC556, but we've never tried it.  If yours ran that great, we may have to give it a try.
Link Posted: 2/16/2011 1:57:51 PM EDT
[#6]
The one I had for my mini 14 worked great.   I still have it and no mini 14.  Someone make me an offer!?
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 8:25:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I had one and it ran great with ammo it liked.  I did not like Remington for some reason.
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 9:06:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I have two for my AC556. First one lasted about 6 months, but was used. Second one is a newer model. several years old and still running, but doesn't work so well in cold weather.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top