Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 12:58:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice looking rifle, but as I found out shooting my M-1 Carbine, the side-mounting of the sling is a serious detriment to using the sling as a shooting aid.  No offense, and YMMV.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I stuck a 10/22 in a replica M1 Carbine stock and put the replica flip sight and front "ears" sight on the thing. It looks and feels like  the carbine, and unlike the carbine, isn't $1 a round to shoot.

Since the real M1 carbine is my home defense rifle, I consider that a valuable training rifle.
I did the same years ago myself

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f250/kevinb120/witness/M14.jpg

Nice looking rifle, but as I found out shooting my M-1 Carbine, the side-mounting of the sling is a serious detriment to using the sling as a shooting aid.  No offense, and YMMV.

Yea, I just use it as an 'honest' type of plinker.  I'll occasionally wrap my left hand around the sling once, but it doesn't seem to help nor hurt anything.  Still not hard to find the accuracy limits of the standard 10/22 barrel and bulk ammo, but It's cheap and fun.  Got rid of the GSG5 and a couple others as these aren't the days of throwing 3 bulk 550 boxes downrange in one day(not to mention an insane trade I got for a couple unused guns incl the GSG recently).  Have kind of gone back to when I had to go out of the way to find a 50rd box of 22 and make every round count as a kid :)  Odd that I'm finding myself more willing to shoot 9mm/223/12 gauge in bulk then .22

I still find though that the 10/22 still keeps me honest, when I want to just 'shoot', I always bring it along.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top