Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2002 10:11:25 PM EDT
Who has the cheapest replacement parts for the Universal M1 Carbine? Is it even worth messing with? I inherited the gun from a friend and it's in really good shape. I just don't know if I want to mess with it much since it's not USGI.

I've read that it's a good shooter, but I don't want to put too much brass through it without learning more about it. I don't have any extra money right now to throw down on a USGI M1 Carbine, so telling me to scrap the Universal in favor of an Inland or Springfield is not an option for a few months.

Anyone else have one of these little guys?

Link Posted: 6/9/2002 10:51:25 PM EDT
[#1]
www.gunpartscorp.com/ If anyone's got parts for a Universal, it'll be these guys.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 10:30:07 PM EDT
[#2]
My cousin has one & he can't get more than 3-4 rds thru it w/o it jamming. Like a lot of cheap guns, it's hit or miss.

My Carbine is a Postal Meter that I have $125 invested in. Sit on yours until you can trade it off or sell it outright at a gunshow. Then only buy a mil-surp Carbine.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:09:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Universals are considered less than desirable.  My experience with them is one that belonged to my shooting companion years ago.  Gun literally wore out after about 2000 rounds.  Steel was to soft.  Some but not all GI parts will fit.  If Numrich/Gun Parts Corp doesn't have parts you're probably out of luck.

Link Posted: 6/11/2002 6:03:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top