Site Notices
11/28/2014 6:01:52 AM
11/27/2014 12:14:39 AM
Author
Team Member
Posted: 6/9/2002 9:11:25 PM EST
Who has the cheapest replacement parts for the Universal M1 Carbine? Is it even worth messing with? I inherited the gun from a friend and it's in really good shape. I just don't know if I want to mess with it much since it's not USGI.

I've read that it's a good shooter, but I don't want to put too much brass through it without learning more about it. I don't have any extra money right now to throw down on a USGI M1 Carbine, so telling me to scrap the Universal in favor of an Inland or Springfield is not an option for a few months.

Anyone else have one of these little guys?

I bought a box of animal crackers. On the box it said 'Do not eat if seal is broken'. So I opened the box and sure enough...

Zardoz
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/9/2002 9:51:25 PM EST
www.gunpartscorp.com/ If anyone's got parts for a Universal, it'll be these guys.
No matter how we may wish it to be, Freedom will never be free.

Support the Armed Forces of the United States of America.
BobCole
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/10/2002 9:30:07 PM EST
My cousin has one & he can't get more than 3-4 rds thru it w/o it jamming. Like a lot of cheap guns, it's hit or miss.

My Carbine is a Postal Meter that I have $125 invested in. Sit on yours until you can trade it off or sell it outright at a gunshow. Then only buy a mil-surp Carbine.
I live in a modest home with an immodest array of firearms.
Ameshawki
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/11/2002 4:09:51 AM EST
Universals are considered less than desirable. My experience with them is one that belonged to my shooting companion years ago. Gun literally wore out after about 2000 rounds. Steel was to soft. Some but not all GI parts will fit. If Numrich/Gun Parts Corp doesn't have parts you're probably out of luck.

raf
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/11/2002 5:03:27 AM EST
Sarco (see ads in SGN) is also a possibility.
"The M1 Rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised." General George S. Patton Jr.,US Army