Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2017 12:07:18 PM EDT
Long story short:

using the DIY durcoat aerosol kit and ran out of spray with only 2 coats on the two rifles.  Since there is zero chance of me finding the DIY spray in stock locally, it will be likely Friday or Saturday till can I get another can in the mail and apply it. 

Can I just pick up where I left off or will I need to prep the surface again to make sure the 3rd coat adheres properly 
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 12:56:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Do they recommend more than one coat? Or are you just being thorough?

Either way, I would say wait a week at least before another coat.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 1:43:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Packaging suggests three. And of course I put on the first 2 very thin and fine to make sure no runs :/ 
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 2:37:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Packaging suggests three. And of course I put on the first 2 very thin and fine to make sure no runs :/ 
View Quote
Ah, yes.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that it takes a week or two to fully cure. Could be wrong though. I do love Duracoat.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 7:18:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Able to do a low temp bake to speed it along?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:36:23 PM EDT
[#5]
You have seven days. I did a camo job that took me almost the full seven days, and I had no issues with application or adhesion.

http://duracoat-firearm-finishes.com/duracoat_guide.htm

At the very bottom: Optionally spray on DuraCoat clear to even out the slight sheen differences when using multiple colors however, DuraClear should always be applied within 7 days.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:55:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You have seven days. I did a camo job that took me almost the full seven days, and I had no issues with application or adhesion.

http://duracoat-firearm-finishes.com/duracoat_guide.htm

At the very bottom: Optionally spray on DuraCoat clear to even out the slight sheen differences when using multiple colors however, DuraClear should always be applied within 7 days.
View Quote
Awesome! Thanks for the info 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top