Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2017 9:28:36 PM EDT
I got a Yeti Rambler that was hydro dipped in camo.  Cool looking.

Googled this technology thinking hydro dip gun parts.  Apparently this is a durable scratch resistant finish.

Anyone ever done this for a gun furniture?

Hydro Dipping

AR - Hydro Dip Durability Update/Torture Test

mm
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Most of them are too colorful for my taste. I remember a guy on youtube did it to his AR, and after 1000 rounds it still looked pretty good.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Rattle can man myself
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Some of us just don't have the ability to paint a wall a solid color let alone a gun with a pattern
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 8:33:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I got a Yeti Rambler that was hydro dipped in camo.  Cool looking.

Googled this technology thinking hydro dip gun parts.  Apparently this is a durable scratch resistant finish.

Anyone ever done this for a gun furniture?

Hydro Dipping

AR - Hydro Dip Durability Update/Torture Test

mm
View Quote

The video you posted is 4 years old....so I imagine the gun world has heard of the process by now.

And...we all know that it's not a very durable weapon coating...unless you clear coat it....then you have to perform another process.
Then....what do you do to remove it to change it up or if you need to repair damage to it. ??

So there it is.
That is why everyone is getting cerakote, and not many are doing hydro-dip.

Now you know why everyone is getting cerakote done.

_
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 9:57:32 PM EDT
[#5]
DEVGRU does it...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:01:28 AM EDT
[#6]
ATACS FG. The finish wears on the edges over time, especially if you use it. 

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:40:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I got my SBR and M&P done in multicam in early 2014.  Took this picture today and still looks amazing.  Handles all solvents from what I am aware of.  I even shot it suppressed for about 2,000 rounds, was too lazy to clean it and had it sonic cleaned in an industrial tank at a local gunshop.  They were worried it would come off during the clean but nope, so far so good. 

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top