Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2017 5:16:36 PM EDT
I learned this one the hard way. I had some rust on a barrel and had been using stuff called Krud Kutter to remove/convert rust on my truck. I figured it worked well enough, ill use it on a barrel. Well, it didnt really do much to the rust, but it literally "Washed" the bluing completely off that part of the barrel, it took about a millisecond to completely remove the bluing...

I found this stuff either at Ace or Napa, cant remember which. So for you refinishing guys, if you want a quick, easy no mess bluing removal tool get this stuff.

Off to send barrel away to get re-blued. oi vay
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 8:05:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Evapo-Rust will remove bluing too.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 8:09:32 PM EDT
[#2]
that sucks.  sorry you found out the hard way, but thanks for passing that along to the rest of us
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top