Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2017 6:18:24 PM EDT
My Google skills aren't working tonight, I can't seam to find info/tutorial on how to apply cerakote with stencils?
 Just thinking of trying a stencil or pattern of some type. Probably just 2 colors.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 7:13:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Give this guy a look.
Weapon Stencils
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 8:16:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Give this guy a look.
Weapon Stencils
View Quote
Thanks for the link. I did find his website. I did not see any tutorials on how to apply the stencils using bake on cerakote though?

Edit: never mind just found info in his blog section!
Thanks!!
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 10:05:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Give this guy a look.
Weapon Stencils
View Quote
I have had good dealings with this guy.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 10:57:12 AM EDT
[#4]
For serious information using stencils, watch the Montactical videos on YouTube. One important difference though, they use Duracoat exclusively, and so there are important procedural differences etween Duracoat and Cerakote, especially with multiple colors. They cannot be beat for the layout and actual mechanics of painting though. It could take you a couple of days to go through their videos.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 12:37:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Do a standard base color, flash that off for about 15 mins, just make sure it is not tacky but at the same time you don't want it cured all the way. This is what gave me the hardest time. I was curing too long and the next layer was not adhering as well as it should. Let it cool enough to touch then apply stencils and apply next layer then do a full bake and don't be tempted to remove the stencils until a full cure. Also, don't apply too thick of a coat or it will have ugly blends and not be as durable. For the blends that do have a feel-able border, just take a fine steel wool and barely smooth it out taking your time. I am sure there are better instructions out there and vids but this works well for me.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 11:30:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the tips!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top