Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2017 11:42:54 PM EDT
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post and yes I've searched for hours here and on the internet. Anyway... This likely isn't new news but I found that Krylon Ultra-Flat K04293000 Camouflage Made with Fusion for Plastic Technology Spray Paint, Olive, 11 Ounce, is almost a perfect match with Magpul OD Green. I had some Troy OD Green rail covers that are way lighter than Magpul's and bought three different spray paints to see what was closest. One good coat of the Krylon and I almost can't tell the difference - just make sure it's the exact one above. Clearly, some folks don't like Krylon but I've never had an issue with it - I'll post a follow up as to how it works out down the road.

The next closest was the Rustoleum camo green but it's a little too grey (it was still fairly close). I'm not posting pics because the pics never match reality but I'm holding a Magpul mag next to the painted Troy rail cover and they are nearly identical. The magazine is more of a satin finish, the handguards are now flat - I suppose if you're pickier than me you could add a satin clear coat. Of course, none of my Magpul OD Green exactly matches (handguard, grip and mag) so this works great. I honestly don't think you'll get much closer than this for basic spray paint at about $6 and I'm pretty picky. I'll also note that I'm painting plastic rail covers and not metal. Just shake it up good and follow the instructions - if there's oil or CLP on it the paint won't stick.

Hope someone finds this useful.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 7:10:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Sure helped me out...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top