Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2017 3:31:27 PM EDT
Does any one have a link or plans for an insulated heat cabinet for Cerakote curing?  Small shop needs a cabinet to refinish to occasional hand gun or long gun.  Not trying to cheap out, but commercial ovens are just to expensive for the level of production anticipated.  Needs to be safe for a 300 degree cure.  Did a 3 page Goggle search without satisfactory results. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 6:03:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Tall file cabinet or tall cylinder/pipe with a toaster oven or heat plate in the bottom, put a thin metal plate or foil to act as a diffuser.  Wrap with insulation if need be.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 6:30:08 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.artofthegun.net/how-to/2014/7/9/how-to-make-a-cerakote-station-in-your-garage

Found that yesterday while looking for the same thing.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 9:54:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a metal storage cabinet from SAMs. I bolted a rack on the inside for hanging.  I used a small electric space heater and a PID controller.  I wrapped the inside with adhesive insulation.  On the inside, I sprayed the walls with high temp adhesive and applied insulation over that. Still going strong 7 years later.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 8:29:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input,  I'll pass them along today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top