Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2017 4:15:01 PM EDT
Hi guys.

I have this gun (below), and the maker has decided to pull a full page billboard on the left mag well.  I am looking for ways to tone it down.

I have done a number of full coatings myself, including Cerekote, Gun Kote, Duracoat, etc.  I could do this, but I was thinking about something faster, and maybe would make the logo seen in a very subtle way.  Even as I write, I am seeing myself strip the gun and start from scratch, but I don't want to make this a weekend, and I also want to enjoy the anodized finish.  Whatever I do on the lower, will need be done on the upper, etc.

Looking for thoughts.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 4:34:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you have the expertise to do the coating right. If you wanted to tone it down some, you could use some alumablack, but no guaranty on how that will look.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 5:14:26 PM EDT
[#2]
You could always buy a small vinyl decal off of Ebay.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 5:30:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Colorfill in black
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 7:20:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Jb weld paste.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 9:14:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I would hit with acetone and shadow it with Alumi-black.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 12:49:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would hit with acetone and shadow it with Alumi-black.
View Quote
That's worth a try.  Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top