Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2017 7:48:13 PM EDT
I want to do a GAP camo pattern on a rifle using a Bulldog Arms stencil kit and Krylon camo.  Should I base coat w/ Khaki (lightest color being used) and work through green/brown and end w/ a little black ?  O r work darkest to lightest ?

Going for this look...................
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:34:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Start with your lightest most neutral color as the base, it will be easier to cover and require less passes with paint to cover than trying to cover a dark with light.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 5:31:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info......I've had the rifle base coated In Khaki (the lightest color) and curing for 2 weeks. I just wanted some outside input about what sequence, I thought light to dark seemed the most likely/logical. The Krylon camo dries quick, but I plan on a full 24 hours between colors.  I know it's not Ceracoat, but I've done a couple of sponge  painted  camo jobs and the paint has worn a little from use, but I LIKE that look.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top