Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2017 12:00:47 AM EDT
I've done moly resin before with good luck. I'm thinking of trying my hand at parkerizing. I managed to bugger up my RPR receiver slightly doing a barrel change. I cleaned up the metal but the cold blue pen wasn't making me happy covering up my screw up. While I've got the gun all apart I'm thinking of just re parking the thing.

Any experiences? It seems fairly straightforward. All the supplies I need is going to run me around $200. I was planning on using the Brownell's magnese solution.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 5:31:35 AM EDT
[#1]
buy some Stainless steel pans at kitchen supply,goodwill, etc and check out allegheny  arsenal,  very reasonable  parkerizing  fluids
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 6:36:34 AM EDT
[#2]
or....just cerakote it and be done. probably come out cheaper
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Duracoat seems to offer the hot ticket for home parkerizing. Zinc is light gray, manganese is dark gray to black. You'll see this material again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top