Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2017 9:50:24 PM EDT
Do I need high heat paint for barrels or will standard rustoleum work ok?

For polymer parts it this prep ok? " spray with gun scrubber, wipe with rubbing alcohol, lightly sand with 350, alcohol again and paint" Or should I use denatured alcohol?

For mags, I assume you just paint lower portion "exposed" does it need further prep due to dry film Teflon? Prep as above or just clean and paint?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#1]
You're over thinking this.

No high temp needed. You aren't gonna be gettin it that hot unless you plan on doin mag dunks galore.

Degrease the gun. No need to scuff it with anything. Paint the gun and shoot the hell out of it.

It's gonna come off. It'll be character and look cool. That's the best part. And if you don't like it. Strip it and do it all again.

If you want something permanent. Seek other options than krylon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top