Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2017 1:24:30 PM EDT
If you wanted something like this:

One could cerakote the parts white and full cure.  Use a cheap aerosol flat black pant and whip off the areas with acetone.  If you screwed up would be easy to remove the rest of the black.  The downside would be avoiding some harsh solvents when cleaning.  Am I off base?  I've only cerakoted my own guns and suppressors so far and they were all basic jobs. I guess you could always clear cerakote over it.  The other options would be clear coating it afterward or doing the black coat but removing most of it prior to baking otherwise it would be too much to sand off?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 2:25:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, are you just trying to avoid respraying the entire thing?.
View Quote

I just wanted a similar look to as pictured.  I think this was done not the "normal" distressed way where the top coat was sanded off because the white would have been difficult to sand off in the hard to reach areas.  I don't have air brush but was thinking of removing the spot sprayed black with cotton balls, or solvent soaked cotten balls or rags, and then sanding.  I have a stripped upper to test on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top