Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2017 11:45:03 AM EDT
What are people using to get that hex style paint job? Not kyrptic stuff or whatever, more of a hexmag look with smaller hex's.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Search online for the stencils. Several vendors offer them, and rather than just give you an answer that you may ultimately be unhappy with, I'll just suggest searching for "weapons stencils" and see who all offers them.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 9:38:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:45:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I didnt realize there was specific stencils for this. I figured people used some type of netting or other household material as a stencil for a rattle can job.

I am only looking for something to give me that pattern. Nothing profesional.

Thank you for the replies.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 1:27:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Gutter mesh.  For your rain gutter.  Lowes or Home Depot.

I came here approx a year or two ago asking that very question and another guy told me to use gutter mesh.  Was exactly what I was looking for.  

I'll try to snap some pics and post em.  

Worked fairly well.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome. Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 11:44:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Some laundry bags at walmart have a larger hex like pattern as well
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:33:26 AM EDT
[#7]

I did these with a walmart laundry bag, I was experimenting with twisting the material, for a "kryptek" look as opposed to perfect scales.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top