Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2016 12:08:42 PM EDT
Just found a Vietnam era A1 buttstock that I want to put on my AR (the A2 stock I currently have is too long - and yes, I also bought the shorter upper screw to go with it). It has the expected age wear and scratches you might expect from a 40+ year old item. I want to sand out the worst of the scratches and refinish it (in basic BLACK). Is there any particular rattle-can paint, preferably something I can pick up at Ace Hardware, Walmart, Kmart, or even the local car parts store, that will work well?
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 1:23:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Use 1500 or so grit and wet sand. See what you think of it before committing to paint. If you do choose to paint use Krylon Fusion 12 oz Spray Paint (But not gloss )
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top