Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2016 8:20:06 PM EDT
I have a Marlin Ballard that was worked over by A. W. Peterson out of Denver, Colorado and is chambered in .22lr (I guess re-chambered is probably a better description). that was given to me by my father in law.

The bore on the rifle is in pretty good shape but unfortunately that's about all that's in good shape. The finish is gone, the buttstock is gone, and it is not in firing condition the hammer will not cock. It looks like someone opened the chamber while the hammer cocked and damaged it but I'm not 100% sure on that.

This rifle has sentimental value to my wife and I want to get it fixed up and firing so it can eventually be passed to our kids. Is there anyone I should consider other than Turnbull.

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 2:20:17 AM EDT
[#1]
PM if you would like recommendations.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top