Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2016 7:47:08 AM EDT
Anyone ever spray a polymer pistol frame (Glock) with Aervoe? If so, how did it hold up to holster wear? Did you use the same process as you did on aluminum parts (cure for a few hours in the oven at a low temp) I'm thinking of spraying my G20 frame because I have half a can of field drab Aervoe left.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 8:41:03 AM EDT
[#1]
only one way to find out...if it sucks, strip it back off.  Nothing to lose except some paint
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 11:47:46 PM EDT
[#2]
It will work well. And you can bake the frame at 180 for a couple hours, no issues.

Just make sure you prep well. Wipe down the frame with acetone (you can safely dunk it in acetone for a few minutes)

It won't hold up like Cerakote or Gunkote, but it's damn good stuff. It was originally a paint intended for military vehicle restoration. You might also check out the rattle can offerings from Rapcoparts.com (Gillespie paint)

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 3:14:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It will work well. And you can bake the frame at 180 for a couple hours, no issues.

Just make sure you prep well. Wipe down the frame with acetone (you can safely dunk it in acetone for a few minutes)

It won't hold up like Cerakote or Gunkote, but it's damn good stuff. It was originally a paint intended for military vehicle restoration. You might also check out the rattle can offerings from Rapcoparts.com (Gillespie paint)

View Quote

Thanks.

I have half a can of Aervoe left over after spraying a rifle with it, and I always liked the look of the FDE/Green framed Glocks -- just wasn't sure if the Glock frame channel liners would hold up to the low temp oven cure or not.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 9:04:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I sprayed it over the weekend. Seems to adhere well and everything, but the fact that I use a Kydex holster was an oversight. Aervoe is too thick and not durable enough to work without getting rubbed off on the retention points of the holster
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top