Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2016 10:40:35 AM EDT
I have a fugly lower I weathered (very badly).  It is an extra, but now I think I am going to use it. It is beat up, but I want to experiment with it. Can anyone tell me if there is anything I can use to touch it up. It does not have to pretty, but needs to adhere to bare aluminum and the factory coating.  Is there anything like this?  Brownell's Aluma-hide? Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 1:27:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I have used Brownells Aluma-hyde 2 in dark park gray color with good results before.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 10:31:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Rustoleum and krylon. Preferably flat colors found in nature.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:32:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Does paint stick to the bare parts?
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 8:28:54 AM EDT
[#4]
What ever you use make sure you de-grease well and hit it with a scotch brite pad (green) to stuff up the bare spots.

This will help the paint adhere a little better.  Rustoleum makes formula that designed to stick bare metals.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top