Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2016 8:52:39 AM EDT
Stopped by a local pawn shop and they had an used Colt AR-15A4 light weight carbine with the factory applied "Muddy Girl" finish...  Not too crazy about that look at all and I was wondering how difficult would a professional refinishing business have in removing it and then applying a more correct looking cerakoat black finish...  "WITHOUT" damaging/filling in any of the factory stamped markings??

Thanks for looking!!

Link Posted: 7/6/2016 7:10:30 AM EDT
[#1]
It's that pink/camo pattern?

Cerecoat needs a stripped surface to adhere to....so that would need to be done to apply it correctly.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 8:10:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Rattle can it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 8:19:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

This.  It could be stripped pretty easy I think.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#5]
It'd have to be blasted to cerakote it anyways. Depending on the clear coat they may or may not have used, it probably wouldn't be much more prep work than any other AR out there. If it's a thicker clear, or harder, it might take a little longer to blast through, but once the blasting is complete it's no different than any other refinishing job.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 3:18:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies!!

I'll swing by the place to see if its still there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top