Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2016 6:06:47 PM EDT
I'd like to paint one of my rifles, but sitting at 4K+ with NF glass, I'm a little hesitant. Spray paint is removable, but I've read it can still stain the metal even after removal.

Does anyone have any pictures of what the stained metal looks like after Rattlecan removal?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 8:39:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have pictures but it usually is a whitish ghosting residue left behind that if you work at it generally still can be removed.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 5:23:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't have pictures but it usually is a whitish ghosting residue left behind that if you work at it generally still can be removed.
View Quote

Yup. BUT an extra wipe with a rag soaked in acetone followed by a good oiling will fix that.  The removers strip all oil off the surfaces, so they get that kind of 'chalky' look.  

Big thing to remember is that it is kind of a pain to get paint out of every nook and cranny after painting.  So while it isn't permanent, it can be a challenge to get every last bit off, in case you are OCD.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top