Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2016 6:56:17 PM EDT
Anyone ever throw a coat of high heat paint on their barrels?

I've got a Noveske barrel that I need to not be gray any more.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I can tell you Rustoleum camo paint is gtg I've had it on my barrel on an ar and 870 for the last 3 years and not one issue.  I also don't do multiple mag dumps either
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 9:08:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm. I'll admit I'm guilty of the occasional mag dump.

Well, not me but the newbs I try to introduce the the game
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 9:26:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Well yea that's how ya get em hooked haha.

Oh and it was on a pencil barrel I forgot to mention.  

Here's a pic it still looks good except for the few scratches near the fh, I used  this one for hunting so it gets beat by the brush and limbs. Yea bad pic od green barrel on od green bag

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:00:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I've tried high temp grill paint on one of my barrels before. It was ok..Not all that durable.

If you have a spray gun, KG Gunkote is only $10 + shipping
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:05:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Primer coat with Krylon BBQ/Stove paint hit it with a hair dryer for a few mins, let it cool. Then with Krylon camo. It holds up to mag dumps and weathering quite well.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:10:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Grab a tester bottle of air cure cerakote
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 5:06:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Rustoleum Appliance Epoxy baked on is very durable. It's not advertised as being "high heat" but I ran mine through the oven at 350 for an hour and it's hard as a rock. This is on a WASR AKM, and while I haven't mag dumped, I have done lots of shooting with it and heated up the barrel really well, no issues.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top