Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2016 6:52:41 PM EDT
Alright to start off, I bought this pistol from a friend. He had a dang good price on it and couldn't pass it up. I like the paint job but I haven't done any painting myself. I'm really liking the look of the pine needle jobs.

So my question is could I just wipe off the oil/grease with alcohol and put some pine needle design over what's there? Or should I start over with new base coat and proceed with all new colors?

Thoughts?

Original-
</a>" />
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:59:00 PM EDT
[#1]
If the camouflage works well in your area, I would just get some pine needles and spray a few stripes with a darker color that works in your area. If it's very green I would do some olive drab. If there's some more Browns maybe try a coyote brown or similar. Remember you're not repainting it, just adding to the effect.

Nice looking rifle!
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:03:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! I'm really liking it.

As for the camo, I think OD green and maybe some passes with brown would look good in my area. Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:25:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, put some pine needles on it and stripe it with OD and brown.

Just remember, less is more and you can always add more stripes.
When I do mine, I usually make a green stripe then skip a stripe width and make a brown stripe then skip a stripe width and the  a green and so on.
I'll then remove the pine needles and see if it needs more color...it usually doesn't.

Good luck...post pics when done.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:40:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep, put some pine needles on it and stripe it with OD and brown.

Just remember, less is more and you can always add more stripes.
When I do mine, I usually make a green stripe then skip a stripe width and make a brown stripe then skip a stripe width and the  a green and so on.
I'll then remove the pine needles and see if it needs more color...it usually doesn't.

Good luck...post pics when done.
View Quote

Awesome, I'm gonna give it a go. Thanks for the tips!
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 1:56:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Made some changes and I'm super happy with how it came out!

" />
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top