Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2015 11:20:26 AM EDT
i found one off of the cerakote web site.  So what does it mean when they are certified? does that guareentee a good job will be done?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:58:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#2]
My boss went to the class. I do all the work.

Kinda weird.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 10:56:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My boss went to the class. I do all the work.

Kinda weird.
View Quote

Cerakote prefers that the owner of the company go to the course for some reason. Really all it does for you that I've seen is give you more marketing exposure since that's the only way to get onto the Cerakote website and thus into their marketing machine. My partner and I are going in December, I'm not all that convinced it's worth it but some of our major clients really want us to get certified so off we go.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 11:58:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I had my favorite P226 sent to a local certified Cerakote guy. When I got it back the finish was terrible and the guy did a hack barrel fit job without consulting me. They should print Cerakote certifications on toilet paper so they are actually useful to someone. If you need a pistol refinished, spend a little extra and ship it to CCR, or another very reputable outfit.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 1:11:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had my favorite P226 sent to a local certified Cerakote guy. When I got it back the finish was terrible and the guy did a hack barrel fit job without consulting me. They should print Cerakote certifications on toilet paper so they are actually useful to someone. If you need a pistol refinished, spend a little extra and ship it to CCR, or another very reputable outfit.
View Quote

That's part of the problem, certification only means they've been taught the right way, doesn't mean that's how they do it on the regular. Best bet for an applicator is to go off their reputation. Lots of local folks all over the country who are every good at this stuff, some are certified, some are not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top