Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2015 7:40:53 PM EDT
I'm thinking about doing a camo job using several different grays, but I'm having trouble finding any colors that are "flat". I found flat black and ultra flat traditional camo colors, but all the grey I find is either gloss or metalic which is the opposite of what I want.

Does anybody know of krylon or rusoleum cans that are a flat grey? Would a primer work?

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 7:43:00 PM EDT
[#1]
primer is about as flat as it gets

and as long as you shoot a clear over it, it should be somewhat durable
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 7:47:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Use an epoxy primer and make that your base coat.  It will be hard as nails.  Then you can add the other colors.  

There are also tint bases out their, such as PPG K93 that can be tinted any color.  It ain't cheap, but it is durable.  You could buy a pint or quart and then tint it.  Split the quart into half pints and then tint.

Primer will not be waterproof unless it is epoxy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top