Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2015 3:25:22 PM EDT
I bought a Mossberg 930 tactical at Walmart for $249.  The black is so boring.  I'm trying to work up the nerve to paint it.  I was thinking either the metal FDE with the stock staying black or pinestraw camo or some sort of Multicam.  How do I work up the courage to do this?
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 3:45:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Just do it. Black guns are really hot for actual use. Even with paint, that gun would sell for break even price or better with no problem.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 5:08:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Paint it with krylon. If you don't like it, brake cleaner will take it off.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 5:24:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I bought a Mossberg 930 tactical at Walmart for $249.  The black is so boring.  I'm trying to work up the nerve to paint it.  I was thinking either the metal FDE with the stock staying black or pinestraw camo or some sort of Multicam.  How do I work up the courage to do this?
View Quote

I recommend alcohol.  Not a lot, but a modest amount.

Also, use Krylon, so if you don't like the results, you can either clean it up or change it easily.

If you don't drink, I don't have any other recommendations.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 7:47:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Krylon + pine needles + common sense= DO IT
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 8:50:40 AM EDT
[#5]
" />

DO IT!  This is Aluma Hide II though.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:21:55 AM EDT
[#6]
That is a good price!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top