Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2015 2:26:21 PM EDT
Anyone else had this happen?

This isn't even close to FDE or Coyote that I've seen, almost like it's a mislabeled can.

Might have to contact Brownells on this, but I'm sure they won't replace it. Probably have to pick up another can from a different batch, the one I shot with recently was at least a year old.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:04:30 AM EDT
[#1]
The Coyote AH2 I have used seems to come out a gray-ish color with a tad of green in it.

I believe that the consistency of the AH2 colors from one production run to another varies wildly.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:11:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Coyote AH2 I have used seems to come out a gray-ish color with a tad of green in it.

I believe that the consistency of the AH2 colors from one production run to another varies wildly.
View Quote
Seems that way, doesn't it?

I contacted Brownells, they didn't bat an eye...sent out another can, and it's a bit different color. I also got the FDE version, shot the rifle in that...not close to the magpul fde moldings, but what the heck, I went with it. Rifle is done as far as I'm concerned.

Link Posted: 9/7/2015 8:33:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I contacted Brownells, they didn't bat an eye...sent out another can, and it's a bit different color. I also got the FDE version, shot the rifle in that...not close to the magpul fde moldings, but what the heck, I went with it. Rifle is done as far as I'm concerned.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

fins

I do most of my stuff in the Dark Earth AH2. It's not a perfect match to Magpul FDE, but it's the closest that I've found in Alumahyde.  I actually just finished painting another AR today in the Dark Earth AH2. I'm using the color as a base for ATACS-AU Gunskins.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 8:46:56 PM EDT
[#4]

This is how it turned out....

Link Posted: 9/7/2015 9:18:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks good!
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 4:47:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought:
Earth brown
Coyote
Magpul FDE

They are all within one shade of each other.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top