Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2015 3:39:42 PM EDT
RE:  Liquid Gun Works

This is a hydrocoating shop up in Michigan.  I've bought parts from them over the past 2 years and always had first rate service.

A couple months ago I sent them an expensive aftermarket stock to get hydrocoated and now I cannot reach them.  The part has been there since the first week of June and they usually turn around custom jobs with in 2 weeks.  I've emailed several times, called several times (reaching a "full mailbox") and even tried to contact via Facebook with no response.  The owner is usually quick to reply in the past.

Does anybody local know the status of this shop?  Is the owner sick or some other situation (I know "life happens").  

I'm just trying to get a status on my order and this shop.  No disrespect meant by this at all.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 4:52:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I was just up in that area on Saturday, wish I had known, I'd have done a drive by for you.

No activity on their FB page for the better part of two months.

Any GR-area Michiganders in the know?
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 9:56:46 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have not done so already, you could put a post in the hometown section for Michigan to see if any locals know what is going on.

Good luck
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 5:42:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Is this the company that used to be called 'SexyWeapon.com'?
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 2:12:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is this the company that used to be called 'SexyWeapon.com'?
View Quote

Correct.  They do good work.  Looks like they are having some comm issues.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 10:48:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I've used them several times with good luck. However, I sent parts off in February and waited almost 2 months to get them. I called and emailed over and over with no luck. Finally reached them and was told they where having phone issues and it would be fixed soon. I was then told my parts where ready to ship out that Friday. Never happened. They finally shipped the following Friday.  Besides the wait, the parts came back looking great.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:05:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Any update from the OP on his order?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:12:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

My stock showed up in the mail about 3 months after I sent it in.  Work done was excellent.  I never got any comm response from the company on the reason for the delay.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 8:23:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My stock showed up in the mail about 3 months after I sent it in.  Work done was excellent.  I never got any comm response from the company on the reason for the delay.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm glad you received your stock. It's not confidence inspiring to have received no comms on the lengthy delay.

I'm curious how your stock holds up to wear. Liquid Gunworks (well, back when they were Sexy Weapon) dipped several pieces in ATACS-AU for me. They looked good, but weren't durable. The 'clearcoat' they put over the hydrofilm was a joke on my parts - they would scratch off easily by brushing against twigs, etc, and then the hydrofilm would quickly go after the clearcoat.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 8:26:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm glad you received your stock. It's not confidence inspiring to have received no comms on the lengthy delay.

I'm curious how your stock holds up to wear. Liquid Gunworks (well, back when they were Sexy Weapon) dipped several pieces in ATACS-AU for me. They looked good, but weren't durable. The 'clearcoat' they put over the hydrofilm was a joke on my parts - they would scratch off easily by brushing against twigs, etc, and then the hydrofilm would quickly go after the clearcoat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been in the field twice now and I have no complaints about durability.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 8:46:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Excellent. I'm glad yours are holding up!
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 3:22:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I had some reservations ordering from Liquid Gun Works due to reviews on their page about how communications was poor and long turn around times but I decided to give them a try and placed an order for a full set of furniture/rail panels mid last month with them with a projected date of shipping mid this month.

Going to their website today, the site has been taken down with the following message:

Due to a family emergency SexyWeapon.com will be closed until 27 July. Any orders that have been placed and not shipped can be cancelled by emailing [email protected]. Again, we are sorry for this inconvenience.
View Quote

I understand things come up but I'm extremely disappointed that I find out my order will be delayed the better half of a year and have not received an email notification of this, that I had to find out by going to their website.

I wish them the best with whatever has come up but will be cancelling my order.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 9:01:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Followup to my last post, today I received an automated email bounceback for my request to cancel the order:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

[email protected]

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7720
View Quote

I had CC'd [email protected] with my cancellation email in addition to the above address, as that was the address receipt/confirmation of the order came from but the above message is not very confidence inspiring.  If a bounceback is received from the @liquidgunworks.com address as well or no response is received by start of business day on the 10th, I will be disputing the charge.  Buyer beware.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 9:13:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I would dispute the charge now.  

Something big is wrong here.  These guys ditched the "sexy weapon" business name over 2 years ago.

They WERE a great company with goid commo, quick shipping, & a good product.  

The past year has seen a big negative change in their customer service... now this.  

You can find other guys doing good hydrodipping out there.  

Quoted:
Followup to my last post, today I received an automated email bounceback for my request to cancel the order:

I had CC'd [email protected] with my cancellation email in addition to the above address, as that was the address receipt/confirmation of the order came from but the above message is not very confidence inspiring.  If a bounceback is received from the @liquidgunworks.com address as well or no response is received by start of business day on the 10th, I will be disputing the charge.  Buyer beware.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

[email protected]

The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7720

Link Posted: 12/15/2015 1:58:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Something big is wrong here.  These guys ditched the "sexy weapon" business name over 2 years ago.

The past year has seen a big negative change in their customer service... now this.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

[email protected]

So who else is a good company to get hydro dipped parts from?
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 5:36:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So who else is a good company to get hydro dipped parts from?
View Quote

http://www.hydroprintservices.com/
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#16]
http://sahydrografix.com/
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 12:13:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Fortunately I attempted to purchase coated parts from them instead of sending them my own parts.  I was able to cancel the charge on my CC.  Don't wait to do this.

In case (or for future issues) someone needs their contact information associated with the business, this is what's posted on the MI Licensing and Regulatory Affairs::

Searched for: LIQUID GUN WORKS LLC
ID Num: E37865
Name:LIQUID GUN WORKS LLC
Type: Domestic Limited Liability Company
Resident Agent:  GERRIT GEURKINK
Registered Office Address: 2421 CLYDE PARK AVE SW    WYOMING   MI  49509
Mailing/Office Address:          
Formation/Qualification Date:2-11-2014
Jurisdiction of Origin:MICHIGAN
Managed by: Members
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top