Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2015 2:45:34 PM EDT
Has anyone had any adverse effects doing a top coat the day after a flash cure?

I am doing a stencil job that I will need to span over a couple of days. Here is what my process is going to be.

Day 1
Degrease
Blast
Spray bottom coat
Flash cure (20 min @ 200)
Apply stencil

Day 2
Spray 2nd coat.
Flash cure(20 min @ 200)
remove part of stencil
Spray 3rd coat.
Final cure (2 hours @ 285)

Has anyone had any adhesion isseus by doing this? Will it cause any other issues?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:58:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I was going to do something similar but I fully cured my base color and then a few days later went to apply the stencils and they would not stick to the cured cerakote.  Not sure if I had only flash cured them and tried if they would have worked or not. Hopefully someone will chime in with some insight.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:56:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I actually called cerakote on this question. The greatest length of time they have tested it is 7 days before full cure, and said there was no adhesion issues at all.

So if you have a multi color project you can stretch it out across a week and still be ok!
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 5:05:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I actually called cerakote on this question. The greatest length of time they have tested it is 7 days before full cure, and said there was no adhesion issues at all.

So if you have a multi color project you can stretch it out across a week and still be ok!
View Quote

+1  
Same advise given to us by Carmon at Cerakote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top