Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2015 1:04:08 AM EDT
step 1, remove BCG, place tissues inside optic and close, place swab inside muzzle, tape mag windows, front sight post and rear sight "peep", wipe down outside of gun with acetone

step 2, prime and paint with your base coat.

step 3, cut up an old laundry bag or get a new one. I ended up ripping the netting out after I took these pics.

I started trying to tape it off and ended up just pressing it onto the tacky base coat

I then sprayed it with brown from 10-12" away, green and black from 2ft or so to subdue the tan... I still didnt like it so i moved the netting and sprayed it again and then held a piece of netting in my left hand and sprayed with my right hand to touch up spots I didnt like.

I ended up playing around with it before it was dry so i need to touch up a few spots. and missed the whole front of the handguard/ front site due to me being short...

Link Posted: 5/17/2015 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I hated how it looked last night under floresent lights. I was surprised at how different it looked in the photo. In the garage now and have to say it looks amazing in natural light.

Edit: I plan on spraying the front and using a qtip for the small blemishes where the paint came off revieling primer, then sponging over it if need be.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 9:46:22 AM EDT
[#2]
" />.      

" />

Started experimenting with laundry bag camo, hope to do a bolt rifle soon.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:07:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I like the looks of that pattern. Please show pics when you paint the rifle.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:04:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, I just did these half assed one afternoon, the one on the right I started experimenting with twisting the netting, sort of tryin to mimic kryptek.  I like the look of the pattern "disappearing" in some areas. I think if I take my time it will come out better.

Eta: nice job OP, looks good, looking forward for some outdoor pics.  I think I have the exact same laundry bag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top