Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2015 1:17:58 PM EDT
I had my lower and a few spare parts nickel plated by a popular refinishing company. The first time I had it done, everything came back perfectly. My dumb*** decided to get it laser engraved after the fact and discolored the finish. I decided to pony up and have it re-done by the same company and paid for my mistake.

This time, it came back with several discolored areas, the trigger guard, the spare parts, the buffer tube, the captured pins and the takedown pins look really shiny compared to the rest, etc. Would you be pissed if you got this back?

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 12:56:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah that is kinda messed up that it came back like that, but at the same time, the parts that you posted are mostly small or will get covered anyway.  I wouldn't worry about it too much, but it is your money.  If this is a safe queen that you don't think will get to much range time, I would call and ask about it.  If you plan on using/shooting it, just let it go.  It wont stay pretty forever getting used.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Does the name of the company rhyme with hobar?
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 10:21:30 PM EDT
[#3]
No, it's fine.  Take it out and shoot it and no one will ever notice.  I certainly wouldn't worry bout the finish on the extension tube under my stock.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 8:55:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Not naming names just yet, but I'm not thrilled about 48 business hours and no response to my inquiries with the company
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:51:38 AM EDT
[#5]
You guys worry about the pettiest shit I swear.

Go shoot the gun and don't worry about it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:42:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I had my lower and a few spare parts nickel plated by a popular refinishing company. The first time I had it done, everything came back perfectly. My dumb*** decided to get it laser engraved after the fact and discolored the finish. I decided to pony up and have it re-done by the same company and paid for my mistake.

This time, it came back with several discolored areas, the trigger guard, the spare parts, the buffer tube, the captured pins and the takedown pins look really shiny compared to the rest, etc. Would you be pissed if you got this back?

http://i.imgur.com/Yryvxcn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/cDOpOJT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gaej26y.jpg
View Quote
It's obvious now.

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 1:34:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I own that I made the mistake of engraving after it was re-finished the first time. I also paid the extra few hundred dollars to get it done and correct that mistake and it came back worse than it did originally. I owned my mistake but it still doesn't fix the fact that the vendor did a shit job
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:43:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I sent a Sig 220 frame that I customized to Mahovsky's Metalife for their ss chromium m treatment a few years ago, and it came back with a discolored area too. Under the trigger guard, where the trigger comes through, was kinda rainbow colored. I wasn't thrilled with it, but once I put the gun back together it wasn't noticeable -much. But it was noticeable, and for what it cost I wasn't too happy about it.
I can understand your dissatisfaction,  even if it's a 'working' part or won't be noticed.

...I discovered that Duracoat 'stainless' was an exact spot-on match for the Metalife finish.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top