Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2015 8:27:12 PM EDT
I did my first moly resin paintjob on an AR 15 and was surprised with how easy it was and how well it turned out but now I want more! Has anyone out there done a moly resin multicam job? If so how did you go about doing it?
I have found a 3M tape thats rated for 400F that looks like it may stand up to the curing process to get the pattern down but looking for input.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:11:20 AM EDT
[#1]
tag for interest.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:17:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I did my first moly resin paintjob on an AR 15 and was surprised with how easy it was and how well it turned out but now I want more! Has anyone out there done a moly resin multicam job? If so how did you go about doing it?
I have found a 3M tape thats rated for 400F that looks like it may stand up to the curing process to get the pattern down but looking for input.
View Quote

Spray base coat, cure.

Mask

Spray second coat, peel off tape, cure.

No need to leave the tape on during baking.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:35:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I know they say to get a good matte finish you have to heat up the metal up to 300F. The problem I foresee with a multicam is you need more than 2 coats/applications
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 4:29:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I use 325 degrees for 1.5 hours, this makes the Norrell's most durable/hard. Finish always comes out flawless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top