Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2015 11:13:51 AM EDT
I need to do a reed pattern camo job in Duracoat.

Does anyone know how the pattern below is done?

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 12:45:57 PM EDT
[#1]
That can be done using an airbrush.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 7:50:11 PM EDT
[#2]
It's not just simply freehand from an airbrush.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 8:32:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's not just simply freehand from an airbrush.

View Quote
I could duplicate that freehand, if you have the inclination. Pickup an airbrush, and practice, practice, practice. Before you spray your gun.

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 4:11:00 PM EDT
[#4]
So nobody has any actual tips on how to create this pattern?
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:00:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:55:05 AM EDT
[#6]
that pattern is done with long pinestraw or plastic long plant limbs laid in random vertical pattern.  The dollar store or the woods should have all you need.  Check out the pinestraw sticky here too
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 2:06:21 AM EDT
[#7]
http://www.mackspw.com/Item--i-STXSKS

It looks like it could be done the same was as the pinestraw, except with cattails leafs.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:20:24 PM EDT
[#8]
That same effect could be achieved by wrapping with para cord leaving gaps with exposed areas. Then spray and rearrange the para cord  and spray more  kind of like youre doing pine straw.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top