Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2015 2:43:35 AM EDT
What ratio seems to yield the best match to the true magpul FDE color using the Cerakote Magpul FDE? Did a couple test pieces tonight and they came out darker.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:18:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Ratio of hardener will only effect sheen, not shade of color.

It is usually pretty spot on for me. You could have cooked it a little hot or too close to an element because that is a pretty big difference.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:20:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Then I compared it to a factory FDE spikes lower from their lower/upper set and the colors are nearly a perfect match.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:01:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Could be in the stock then.

Also keep in mind, different methods of coloring will often trick the eye. Light can change shade just by the substrate.
For example, a dyed fabric will look different than a painted smooth surface. The way light is reflected off the object could change the appearance slightly. So it could just be a trick with the light.

Might try taking it outside or under some different lights to see.

If all else fails, you could paint the stock too.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:28:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Magpul FDE is my favorite color and there has only been a couple of times that Cerakote (both H and C series) has matched Magpul's furniture.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top