Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2015 12:12:42 AM EDT
I recently inherited a AR15 that had been abandoned in a tree stand when it's owner had a heart attack. His friends got him to a hospital and he recovered but was in very bad shape. The AR was forgotten. He told me about it and approximately where it was. I finally found it and he gave it to me. It had been in the stand for over 2 years so it was pretty well gone. The lower is in very good shape and can be rebuilt. The finish is nearly all gone. Has anyone tried having one powder coated? Will it work or does anyone know. I've never seen it discussed so it may be a bad idea.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:59:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics!

Send it out for Cerakote since it is in good shape.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:04:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Post pics!
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:09:55 PM EDT
[#3]
In for pics...also check out the refinishing forum:

Linky
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:12:36 PM EDT
[#4]
ost
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:04:04 AM EDT
[#5]
US anodizing does a great job and is reasonable
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:54:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Well it looks like a no-go anyway. His son called last night and said the gun belonged to him, not his dad so he shouldn't have given it away. He wants it back. Said he looked but could never find it. Offered me $50 for my trouble. I'll probably let him have it. Not worth a big hassle. Maybe I can come out of the deal with a couple of new mags and some ammo. Thank you guys for your help.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:58:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well it looks like a no-go anyway. His son called last night and said the gun belonged to him, not his dad so he shouldn't have given it away. He wants it back. Said he looked but could never find it. Offered me $50 for my trouble. I'll probably let him have it. Not worth a big hassle. Maybe I can come out of the deal with a couple of new mags and some ammo. Thank you guys for your help.
View Quote

Ah man, at least take some pictures.  Not often you get to see something that has been out in the weather that long
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:32:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I wouldn't powder coat a lower. It's too thick.

It would be interesting to see what the thing looks like... pic before letting it go?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:39:37 AM EDT
[#9]
In fo da pics.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:44:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's one. Just a little bit older.

Great Basin find...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top