Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2014 5:52:36 PM EDT
I've inherited my Father's Colt 1911. In the 80's he had it "Nitex'd". It has held up well for being carried daily for 30+ years, but I can't stand it. Is it feasible to have it "deplated" and re-blued? Will the "deplating" process screw up the rollmarks? Not interested in spray on finishes. Thank you in advance for your helpful replies, gentlemen.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:09:10 AM EDT
[#1]
43 reviews and not a single response? Was the thread title misleading? Am I in the wrong section?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:46:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I do not see why someone that plates guns could not just de plate it basically revers the process.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 4:59:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Are there any firearm refiinishers in this forum that can answer these questions? Can someone recommend a different forum to pose these queries?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top