Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2014 5:08:21 PM EDT
Thinking about cerakotingg a couple of my rifles. I'd love to do it myself and save some money. My question is do I need a dedicated oven to bake the OC cerakote in? Don't want to jack-up Six Actual's kitchen oven. Way too much overhead if I do that.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#1]
You'll still be able to use it afterwards. But I would coat a huge armory in it...

Also, unless you are already set up with all the right equipment, might not be that much money to save in this. However it will probably be a fun project for you.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 6:38:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Also, unless you are already set up with all the right equipment, might not be that much money to save in this. However it will probably be a fun project for you.
View Quote

This is VERY true, trust me!
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh, I've got all the spray gear to do the job.  Just don't want to nuke the oven.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 6:37:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Same boat here
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 7:28:02 PM EDT
[#5]
One option is to pick up a used oven, possible with the range top broken for super cheap on Craigslist for $25.  Then you don't have to worry about it.  I love doing my own cerekote and have had zero issues doing it myself.  Blast the parts well, get everything super clean, dial in your spray gun on some scrap and bake away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top