Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2014 5:39:42 PM EDT
Hey folks,

I just reciver my new upper today and am over all happy with it besides the company logo right on the side of it. It was laser etched in and wanted to see if anyone had any tricks to make them go away besides cerakota. I was looking at the aluminum black product but I am not sure if that will help. Thanks in advance!

Mods: I thought this might be the best area to ask if not please move the tread

Aaron
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 3:07:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Aluminum Black will darken it a bit so it's not as obvious. Follow the instructions & you should see some positive results. A member here did this a while back & it worked.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 3:25:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not sure how to remove it without removing anodizing, but the only way ive ever covered it up is by rattle canning my rifle. You could find the closest match spray or model paint to the color of anodizing and just cover it up, might look funny if it's not a close match tho. If you don't like it you can remove it. I just stripped spray paint off an entire rifle with clp and a toothbrush
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 3:32:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Sharpie
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 3:33:52 PM EDT
[#4]
If it is actually engraved there is no way to remove it without removing material and this isn't recommended. Paint is about the best way to make it less noticeable. If this really bothers you so much next time you might opt for a lower with no rollmark.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 4:12:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Testors makes and enamel paint that comes in a paint pen that works well.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 4:37:23 PM EDT
[#6]
It looks like they laser etched after it was annodized. Cerakota would be fine but something about the feel of it I dislike.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 4:43:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It looks like they laser etched after it was annodized. Cerakota would be fine but something about the feel of it I dislike.
View Quote

Yes, it's laser engraved after anodizing. It's permanently etched into the anodozing. Essentially dyed white by the laser. The only way to "remove" it would be to strip the anodizing & refinish. Otherwise just to cover it up somewhat so it's less obvious you will have to paint over it, use the Aluminum Black method, or use a Sharpie or paint pen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top