Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2014 9:04:13 AM EDT
I couldn't find any recent threads on this. I'm looking to have an A2 pinned to a melonited barrel, but Adco won't touch it (they won't do melonited barrels).
Anyone know of a 'smith that will do this, in the Philadelphia area or via shipped out?
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 11:51:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Weapon Outfitters.

You can find them in the industry forum.

Link Posted: 12/8/2014 11:58:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Weapon Outfitters.

You can find them in the industry forum.

View Quote

AWESOME! Thanks a million!
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 12:25:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Actually ADCO will do Melonited barrels (for some reason their site says they won't. I asked in their industry forum and they said they would).  They just did my Voodoo barrel.  Did a great job and had it back 10 days after it was shipped out to them.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 12:34:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Actually ADCO will do Melonited barrels (for some reason their site says they won't. I asked in their industry forum and they said they would).  They just did my Voodoo barrel.  Did a great job and had it back 10 days after it was shipped out to them.
View Quote

Yeah ADCO has done pinning work on my melonited barrel as well.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 12:36:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I believe Steve mentioned they just won't profile them
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 2:01:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Also great to know! Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 3:31:47 AM EDT
[#7]
they said they dont' know what is melonited, you have to tell them.

Get the area contour first, then the'll do it.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 3:34:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I believe Steve mentioned they just won't profile them
View Quote

No, I believe they will profile them but they will not dimple or flute them b/c they then have to burn up mill bits breakking through the hard surface.  They won't even do a single gas block dimple in a melonite barrel.  Reprofiling isn't so hard on the lathe bits I guess, or said bit are just not as expnsive as mill bitt I guess?  Anyway, the hardened part is just on teh surface only, very thin, its not the whole barrel.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 7:02:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I pinned the melonited barrel on one of my carbines. I broke 1 mill bit, 1 2/0 reamer. Those barrels are very hard.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 4:38:59 AM EDT
[#10]
i pinned a melonited barrel, not w/ taper pins, just a lo pro w/ a straight drill and coil pin.  drill press.  Did it no problem.

Bit came w/ the black river tac pinnable gas block.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:31:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:42:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Melonited and other surface hardened barrels.

Muzzle device pinning = yes
Gas block and FSB Pinning = straight pins only, no taper pins
Fluting, dimpling = no
contouring = yes

View Quote

"Gas block and FSB Pinning = straight pins only, no taper pins"

price for that if customer supplies all the parts?  I have 2 I need done.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:46:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top