Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2014 6:51:15 PM EDT
So I'm having a Rem 40X worked on and it needs some refinishing.  I was thinking of having the receiver/barrel bead blasted and using a wipe on blueing from Brownells.  Anybody try a wipe on blueing on a bead blasted surface?  If you have how did it look? I'm on a tight budget and thinking of doing this until I can get up some more funds for a better finish down the road.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 7:33:44 PM EDT
[#1]
it sucks. boil it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Tight budget huh?  Then don't bother bead blasting.
Oxpho-Blue in liquid form has worked well on three rifles for 30+.  I like Black Magic on small stuff. Like you might need.  Have found no of the gel/paste types worth a
shit.

Or you could take it all apart re-blue it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 11:41:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Just dawned on me this is the first post I've seen on refinishing.  

Most involve paint of some sort
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:57:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just dawned on me this is the first post I've seen on refinishing.  

Most involve paint of some sort
View Quote

Bah, we're slipping!

Tan Obliterating Compound

This will shrink your groups by 50%, instantly grow you an operator beard, and result in you constantly being covered by women and Chris Costa.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top