Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2014 10:41:10 AM EDT
Where is the best place to send stuff (barrel and low pro gas block) for KG coating?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:50:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Sig_Prude, are you asking where to send the items to have them painted with KG GunKote? If that is your question i am sure someone in PA uses it. If you are somewhat capable of spray painting, I would suggest you do it yourself. You can rattle cans of GunKote from Brownell's, if you have access to a compressor and a spray gun you can buy the paint directly from KG. As far as paint the parts you mentioned, what color are you looking for? I do my own painting and I am set up for it. I may be able to help you out if you are unable to locate someone near you but I recommend that if you foresee other guns or parts getting painted, you invest and get setup yourself. Its not rocket science and if you mess up, you can redo the paint job. Let me know if I can be of any help.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:03:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Or even better....why KG when Cerakote is the number one preferred coating out there......
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:17:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Or even better....why KG when Cerakote is the number one preferred coating out there......
View Quote

I agree.

...but I called three different Cerokote applicator people today and none of them sounded like they knew what they were doing.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:43:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I agree.

...but I called three different Cerokote applicator people today and none of them sounded like they knew what they were doing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

Lol, that's funny. Not your misfortune, but the situation.
Cerakote is the newest "get rich quick" endeavor, so everyone and their grandmother's cousin is popping up opening shops thinking they can be overnight successes.

You are right, there are a lot of those that haven't the slightest clue at what they are doing. But there are plenty of us out there that do. Just have to look. :)
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:56:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Cerakote is the newest "get rich quick" endeavor, so everyone and their grandmother's cousin is popping up opening shops thinking they can be overnight successes.

You are right, there are a lot of those that haven't the slightest clue at what they are doing. But there are plenty of us out there that do. Just have to look. :)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

Know of any good ones?

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:11:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Exactly....some of us have been spraying Cerakote for years and have all the industrial grade equipment to do it right and follow the strict guidelines that make it work properly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top