Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2014 7:37:54 PM EDT
Thinking about having a stainless barrel sent out for Cerokoting.  Is this a highly durable finish?  Thanks.

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 1:18:53 PM EDT
[#1]
you'll prob get better reply's in the refinishing forum but yes cerakote is prob one of the most durable coatings out there
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 4:21:18 PM EDT
[#2]
You might want to check about doing this on stainless.  Most where designed to go over parkerized,
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 4:31:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Dan_Gray Did my wilson combat barrel for me in graphite black. Its been fired supressed and gotten really hot and not had any peeling or anything.  Cerakote is durable and if applied properly has no issues sticking to stainless.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 4:46:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You might want to check about doing this on stainless.  Most where designed to go over parkerized,
View Quote

You don't need to park for Cera Kote, it is designed to go on metal with a blasted finish.

And for the OP...Cera Kote is tough as nails.

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 5:21:14 PM EDT
[#5]
That's why I like this place...learn something new every day!  Thanks
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 5:47:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You don't need to park for Cera Kote, it is designed to go on metal with a blasted finish.

View Quote

Well, to be fair, ano is tough as nails, and cerakote isn't bad. (strictly speaking on aluminum)

I have a few cerakoted, and a 1911 totally cerakoted.  It is a good option, but not nearly as tough as ano IME.

All that said; it would do just fine on a AR barrel.  Apples and oranges, but it did't take long to wear on my 1911 barrel
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 6:26:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Well, to be fair, ano is tough as nails, and cerakote isn't bad. (strictly speaking on aluminum)

I have a few cerakoted, and a 1911 totally cerakoted.  It is a good option, but not nearly as tough as ano IME.

All that said; it would do just fine on a AR barrel.  Apples and oranges, but it did't take long to wear on my 1911 barrel
View Quote

Ano as in anodizing?  Where's a good place t have that done?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 6:31:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Ano as in anodizing?  Where's a good place t have that done?  Thanks.
View Quote

Your barrel will have to be park'd, cerakoted, painted...

I have never had any aluminum anodized, other than the factory parts that were already done.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 8:35:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Anodizing is for aluminum.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Rainier Arms offers cerakoting on their stainless barrels.
call them and talk to them about any returns or issues they've had with refinished barrels .(i would imagine there aren't many issues).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top