Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2014 11:28:30 AM EDT
Looking to match to Magpul foliage green or BCM foliage green. Seems like Aervoe has two relevant lines:

Military Digital Pattern Camo Paint - includes Foilage [sic] Green, Khaki, Green, etc. Of these Khaki looks like it might be closest. Judging from their website, Foilage Green appears too dark.

Military Vehicle & Recreation Camouflage Paint - includes Light Green, Woodland Green, Forest Green, Dark Green, etc. None of these looks close to me.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 10:05:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Or if there's a good match in Rustoleum or Krylon, that's fine too. I was only looking at Aerove first because I had heard it is more durable than the others.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 2:53:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Trying to match Fol Grn as well...   what did you find out???   I may just go with the closest and paint everything...  then it all mayches... screw Magpul for coming w hard to match colors...  lol..   Better yet buy all  non-Magpul stuff and paint their colors..    I'd be interested to know what you've found...  

Thanks,
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 9:01:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Trying to match Fol Grn as well...   what did you find out???   I may just go with the closest and paint everything...  then it all mayches... screw Magpul for coming w hard to match colors...  lol..   Better yet buy all  non-Magpul stuff and paint their colors..    I'd be interested to know what you've found...  

Thanks,
View Quote
Don't really have much more info.

From what I've read, Aervoe Khaki is closer to foliage green than their Foliage Green. Since I may end up painting polymer parts (furniture and mags) in addition to an aluminum handguard, I'm thinking of going with Krylon Camo Fusion line (designed to bond to plastic). Seems the closest they have to foliage green is Woodland Green, which is too green and not enough grey, but might be close enough. Another option is to do a coat of their Camo Fusion Khaki (grayish) and then do a coat of their Woodland Green over that - that might give a slightly greyish tint to the otherwise green paint.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:03:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Try a coat or 2 or woodland green then just dusting it with khaki....   ??
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:44:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try a coat or 2 or woodland green then just dusting it with khaki....   ??
View Quote

Maybe. I don't have enough experience with spray paint to know if that would work reasonably well.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:57:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Try Duracoat .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top