Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2014 2:00:59 AM EDT
How are you guys taping up or painting your EOTech's exactly? I definitely want to keep my warrantee in tact, and L3 says removing the hood will void the warrantee.

Second question is if painting the hood would void the warrantee all in itself? Any input from people that have done this is much appreciated! I'm just not positive how I should go about it. If I didn't take the hood off I have no problem taping up the buttons but putting tape on the glass just seems kinda iffy
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 2:04:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have first hand experience, but I have heard of people stuffing foam in the recesses to protect the glass.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 3:27:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I used the 3M bllue painters tape on my Eotech glass and had no issue at all.  Stuck a big piece on it and used an exacto knife to trim the edges.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 2:17:34 PM EDT
[#3]
As said, the best way is to tape it off. You can remove the metal hood guard with just a few screws and paint that which is what i did. Didnt touch the actual sight unit itself, but it looks pretty good. No pictures handy atm.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 2:28:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I pulled my hood off and painted that shit. I just used a straight strip of tape to mask the etching.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:49:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Removing the good, if they can tell, will void the warranty.  I don't know about painting.

If you decide to remove, try not to partially strip the screws, which is very hard to do.  I think Brownells sells replacement screws.  Might be a good idea to get them so they don't look messed with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top