Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2014 9:27:24 AM EDT
I'm trying to hammer out the actual paints found in the above tutorial.  Made a trip to wally world and was able to find:

Rusto Camo flat black
Rusto 2x Nutmeg
Rusto Camo Khaki

I'm can't figure out what was used for the olive drab.  Rusto Camo has 2 green colors.  Army green and Deep forest.  Anyone have any idea which was used for the olive drab color??  If I could track this down I'd be a happy panda!!

Thanks everyone!!

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Rustoleum Deep Forest Green is close to OD. The Army Green is a lot lighter than what you're looking for.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:43:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rustoleum Deep Forest Green is close to OD. The Army Green is a lot lighter than what you're looking for.
View Quote

Thank you!!   That should finish out the paint I need to pick up for this little project.  I appreciate you chiming in on that one!
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 8:52:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I used OD green in the tutorial. Rustoleum satin Hunter Green is actually closer to the green in MARPAT.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:21:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used OD green in the tutorial. Rustoleum satin Hunter Green is actually closer to the green in MARPAT.
View Quote

I see a Krylon can in the tutorial, was the the OD you used??   If so, my local wally world doesn't carry Krylon.  

If I'm going with rusto, you are suggesting satin hunter green over deep forest green if I am reading your post correctly...?

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 4:11:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Krylon or rust oleum either is fine the hunter green in a Marpat paint job comes out better but I used Od in the tutorial
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top