Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2014 10:00:50 AM EDT
Yes I know this horse is dead and I'm beating it.

I would like to paint my SS barrel black.  I would like to be as friendly to my wallet as possible.  Is there anything in this procedure I should change?

Lightly sand barrel with ~320 grit sandpaper
De-grease/brake parts cleaner
Spray with high heat ceramic header rattle can paint
Let dry, shoot.

Thank you, I'm aware of blasting and paying for recoating but I'm just not that rich right now.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:07:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried seeing if anyone in your hometown forum could help you?  I've helped out several people on local forums and I would imagine that someone close to you wouldn't mind helping.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:20:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm in northern VA.  Everyone around here wants $60+ to coat plus ridiculous labor to blast(about $30 more).
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:25:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm in northern VA.  Everyone around here wants $60+ to coat plus ridiculous labor to blast(about $30 more).
View Quote

I meant local members who are set up for DIY and would help you out for a few beers or lunch.  What yo have posted would work just fine.  Good luck to you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top